Powerful SEO can grow your medical business by multiples. Here’s a few tips to help you on your way…
- EAT This! Eat means “Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness” – Google has wired this into it’s algorithm and it is especially important for YMYL (Your Money or Your Life) businesses like healthcare.
There are many strategies to optimise EAT including consistent clinic information across your website and online portals like Google Business Profile and use of “structured data”.
- Quality content is key. Over time, create a well balanced portfolio of written and video content throughout your website pages and a medical blog. Ultimately, Google is all about serving up high quality content to search users, so the more brilliant content you have the better you’ll perform. Update your website with new relevant content regularly.
- Create & add videos to your web pages. Google loves video content. Web pages with video content tend to rank better on Google search, and also facilitate better conversion rates when users are on your site.
- Use A Lot Of Patient Reviews On Your Pages – Reviews are even more powerful when it comes to medical purchases. For better Google search placements add review schema, which helps you markup data like real user reviews and product ratings on your site.
- Understand Your Buyer Keywords When Creating Content. People will find your website using different keywords. Find the most important keywords to your business and subtly weave them in when writing web content.
- Ensure Your Website Is Technically Sound – Google values a clean, fast and well performing website high when awarding rankings. Conduct a technical audit on your website to identify opportunities. Ensure fast page loading speed by optimizing images, reducing server response time, and leveraging browser caching.
- Build relevant backlinks – Quality backlinks are a key indicator for Google to know your website is well liked. Solid backlinks will boost your search engine placements, more so when they are medically relevant (eg links from top surgeon/medical professional websites)
- Build internal links within your website to help search engines and users navigate and understand your content better.
- Include Your Clinic Location – Optimise your website for local search by including location specific keywords in your content and meta tags.
10. Add healthcare schema. This allows & encourages more of your medical business details to show up when your business appears in search results.